Sunday, March 29, 2009

J.Crew: Dressy Jersey Ruffle Dress Review

This is J.Crew's Dressy Jersey Ruffle Dress (item #13613), which comes in grey (heather ash), black, and green (parsley).

This dress is alpha-sized, and fits comfortably true to size. I think because of the flow of this dress, you could get away with sizing down, but I am happy with my regular dress size. The silhouette creates a nice waist, too (at least I think so!).

This was one of those dresses that I wasn't sure about when I saw it in pictures, but I liked it quite a bit when I tried it on. I think the ruffle in the front is quite cute, and is versatile enough to dress up or go more casual with a tank underneath.

The black color is definitely my favorite - I think it shows the elastic in the waistband in the back much less than the grey one (as seen in the picture above). The fabric is a nice, soft jersey, and moves and hangs very nicely.

This dress hits a bit below my knees, and I'm happy with the length.

I really like this dress. I didn't initially take it home, but after I looked over these pictures again, the Boyfriend was nice enough to take me back to the store to pick it up. I can't wait to wear it this summer!

What do you think? I know there were some negative reviews of this dress, but have you tried it on?

5 comments:

ashley March 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

That dress is so cute on you! It's a good thing you went back to get it!

Unknown March 29, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

You look good in it, unlike some of us. It works as-is, but you could get it hemmed just a tad to show your legs off a little.

JTS March 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

@Ashley - thanks, I am looking forward to nice warm weather to wear this, which looks like it is finally coming!

@Gigi - thanks, but I think you looked great in it too!! And you should see the pile of clothes I have to take to my tailor :'(

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified March 30, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Oh I really like this on you a LOT! Great choice to go back for it. :)

JTS April 1, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

Thank you FFM! :)