Friday, June 4, 2010

Celosia Cardi and Flowered Shoes

Good morning all!  I am eagerly waiting for this day to be over, for a number of reasons (tired, too much stuff on the to-do list).  Most importantly is because tonight I am heading north to get my FREE Chick-Fil-A new Spicy Chicken Sandwich!!  I cannot wait.  I am a HUGE fan of Chick-Fil-A, and sadly for me, the nearest one is almost an hour away, boo hoo.  But today I made myself get up early so I could get to work early (or "on time" as they like to call it) so I could leave early so I can go get my SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH!!!

Okay, but enough about that, I'm sure you didn't come here to read all about my love for fried chicken sandwiches (and waffle fries!  Don't forget the waffle fries!!).  Here's my outfit for today.  I've been doing...OK...on my quest to wear something new every day. 

Last Friday I wore new flip-flops, but BF, the apparent rulemaker, decided those didn't really count.  (They did!)  I wore a new bra one day, too, but you're not going to get a picture of that!  And yesterday, I wore a new t-shirt, which got me extra points, because it was a work-at-home day, and thus didn't really fall under the terms of the challenge.

So today I went to work, and so I wore a nicer pair of jeans - nice dark color, very little wear, and no fraying at the edges.  I paired it with the spring Celosia cardi (in one of the maaaaany colors I own it in) and some simple flats.  I layered a white cami under the sweater, as the cardi can be a little sheer.

Jeans: Express
Cami: New York & Company
Sweater: J.Crew
Shoes: Dexter by Payless

Here's a picture of my shoes.  They are a lovely cream color with these flowers on the toe.  I wore them for my graduation (snagged them for only $8!), and am still breaking them in, which is code for "they still cut up my ankle a bit".

I don't have much planned for the weekend - BF and I are taking the dog out tomorrow morning for some exercise, and on Sunday I'm heading into Boston for an open-air market and to see my friend who has a booth there.

2 comments:

Bianca C June 5, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

Cute!! Love the sweater, and the shoes are so so cute as well! :-)

JTS June 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM  

Thanks Bianca! :)
I clearly have a thing for flowers on clothes, haha!