Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Navy Blues

Hello all!  Hope you had a great weekend!  On Saturday I attended a meetup where we got a private tour of a Jim Henson muppet exhibit, and then had a private puppeteering workshop.  Now, I'm a linguistics major, so I love language, and I especially love words, and how word choice can so drastically alter the meaning of something.  Such as "puppeteering workshop" vs. "condescending third grade art class".  I attended a private puppeteering workshop.  Too bad it was run by an art teacher who talked to a room full of (mostly 30 year old and up) adults like we were children.

We had to "find a face" in regular objects, and parade them around in front of everyone else, giving them a signature "walk".  One girl outright refused to participate (I should have done the same).  Then, we had to get in pairs and bring a plastic bag to life.  I almost walked out, honestly.  I'm not opposed to this kind of stuff - but it's not my thing.  And when I signed up for a private puppeteering workshop, I really thought it'd be more about the technical art of making puppets, and how they're constructed...not a bunch of tables strewn with homemade art supplies (empty yogurt containers, empty egg cartons, felt, old clothes, yarn, socks).  I did, however, make a really cute dragon puppet, whom we've named George.

After that, we met up with BF's family for a dinner celebration for his brother.  Dinner was okay, if not pretty boring.  I don't have the best relationship with BF's family (mostly his mother), so luckily it was a fairly quick dinner.  On Sunday I was pretty lazy and boring, but it was a nice and relaxing day.

Today I was back in the office.  I had initially planned to wear a different pencil skirt (the frosted jacquard pencil skirt), but while the steamer was heating up, it dripped all over the back of the skirt, and I didn't feel like waiting for it to dry, so I went with the eyelet skirt from last summer instead.  My shoes are a pretty close match to the color of the Frances cami, and I think they're a nice combination with the navy blue.


Skirt: J.Crew
Top: J.Crew
Sweater: Gap (outlet)
Shoes: Colin Stuart for Victoria's Secret

4 comments:

AppGal June 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM  

I know how you feel about the condescending talk. In one of my grad classes last summer, which was, granted, an Advanced Children's Lit class, our professor would start class every day reading a different book to us. She would read it to us like we were kindergarteners, asking questions (What do YOU think will happen next?) using character voices, and being all-out annoying. I was the only high school teacher in the class (it was a required credit!) and I was about ready to punch her. Haha.

Bianca C June 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM  

Awww sorry to heat the class was not better. Did you get a chance to turn in a "review" to the program?

I loooove this outfit. It looks so classy and chic!! PRetty. :-)

Wholesale dress material September 10, 2020 at 1:51 AM  

Nice post.thank for sharing this lovely post with us.
Wholesale dress material

reetafashion January 15, 2024 at 11:09 PM  

Thanks for sharing this information. The Front Slit Kurti is a contemporary and stylish ethnic wear garment that seamlessly blends traditional charm with modern design elements. This graceful kurti features a strategically placed slit at the front, adding a touch of allure and sophistication to the overall look.