I come from a great family of unofficial cookers and bakers (meaning that is not anyone's profession). I grew up with a home-cooked meal pretty much every night, and have fond memories of baking with my mom for holidays, and indulging in delicious treats made by grandparents. I'm now the unofficial dessert maker for family occasions, and I love finding great recipes or making up new ones as I go.
- Stand or hand mixer, with both beater and whisk attachments
- Double boiler (either a two-pan double boiler, or a heatproof bowl and a large pan)
- Offset or frosting/icing spatula [you can use a knife for this, but it will not look as clean]
- Cake stand (preferably one that turns)
- Shell, flower, and round frosting tips and connectors
- Piping bags