Friday, April 17, 2009

Express: Tiered Ruffle Scoop-Neck Top Review

I saw Express's Tiered Ruffle Scoop-Neck Top (item #9613338) as I was strolling by Express one day at the mall.  I was instantly in love.  This shirt is alpha-sized, and is available in several colors ($29.50) and a pattern ($34.50).


My typical top size was not available, so I sized up in this top just to get a feel for it (and also because some of Express's tops are clingier than I am comfortable with).  I think this top looks better in the picture than it did in real life.

It might be because of the sizing, but the top just kind of hung there, looking sad.  On the plus side, the fabric is super soft and smooth, and the top is not heavy, and moves well.  I believe the top fits true to size, but that is based on my sizing up.  I would have liked to have tried this top on in a smaller size and with a different bottom, like some jeans.

What do you think?  Do you like this top?  Do you own it?  What would you wear it with?

2 comments:

Ashley Turner April 24, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

I LOVE this shirt! I have it in orange, turquois, black and white... I'm only bummed I didn't get it in all the other colors and prints! It's comfy, light weight and for me on the island it's cool in the heat and work appropriate enough. So cute!

JTS April 27, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Hi Pink Julep! i actually ended up picking this up on Sunday in a smaller size and in a pretty aqua color (maybe the same turquoise color you have)? It was too cute to pass up :)