Monday, April 20, 2009

J.Crew: Vintage Slim Jeans

J.Crew is promoting its Vintage Slim Jeans, which retail for $98.  I personally don't care for slim-fit jeans, just because I'm a bit hippy, and the fit is never right for me.  I tend to stick with slight slare legs.


My biggest issue with this jeans though is the distressing (again).  I don't know, but I just can't bring myself to spend almost $100 on a pair of jeans that look ripped, worn, and to be frank, a little dirty.

What do you think?  Do you like slim-fit jeans?  Do you like the vintage and/or distressed look?  Who makes your favorite jeans?

3 comments:

Jayna Wallace April 20, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

I'm right there with ya! Plus, I will never wear slim/matchstick/toothpick jeans - because I can't get them past my calves. I don't think I'm all that oddly proportioned either, but the fact I can't even get them on....well....these will not be my jeans of the season.

Farmer Jo April 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

I really dislike the pre-destroyed jeans.

JTS April 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

@RatsOnParade - Yay, I'm glad I'm not alone!

@FarmerJo - I do not understand why these are hip or a trend or whatever. I remember when they very first became super popular, and I used to rag on my little brother SO much for buying pre-ripped jeans. By the way, I LOVE your profile pic! You look great :)