Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Limited: Eco Chic Arrivals

The Limited is promoting its Eco Chic collection in conjunction with Earth Day.  This collection is made from organic cotton that is grown without pesticides.  There are a number of offerings, including tops, bottoms, dresses, and fabric accessories.


I think it's interesting to see what apparel companies have to offer in terms of "going green".  There is a huge range of options available, including different inks and dyes, fabrics, etc.  Gap has recently started using recycled paper for their hangtags in-store, which I thought was a nice touch, since most of these end up in the garbage.

Will you check out this collection?  What do you think of apparel companies' going green?

2 comments:

AppGal April 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

This is pretty cool! I haven't shopped at the Limited in FOREVER...but may check out this new line. Organic cotton may be a little pricier, but I've found that it is one of the softest, most comfortable fabrics around. One of my fave outdoor brands, Patagonia, is a forerunner in this type of stuff. I'd love to see some of my regular stores (jcrew, ATL) start doing this!

JTS April 22, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Hi AppGal! The Limited is hit or miss for me. I haven't tried any organic cotton clothes (at least I don't think so), but green is looking to be a big upcoming trend for apparel companies, so I am interested to see how this line works out for them!