Saturday, April 11, 2009

J.Crew: Vintage Closet Lace-Trim Tank Review

This is a top from J.Crew's Vintage Closet line. I'm calling in the Lace Trim Tank for now. It is item #14018, and was marked $68 in-store.

This tank is numerically-sized, and I think it runs large. I was able to size down 2 sizes from my normal top size in J.Crew.

I really like this top. I think it is very pretty, especially with the delicate lace trim on the sides, which I think adds a nice, feminine touch to a somewhat basic tank. There aren't any below-the-chest darts on this shirt, so it is a little less fitted on the body.

It is a little bit sheer, but not enough to be distracting. It was one of those pleat-like things in the back that you see on men's dress shirts. Not sure I'm crazy about that.

Here is a close-up of the lace trim.

The Boyfriend and I were divided over this top. I thought it was cute. He thought it was cute...if I were living in the 1700s. I left this one behind mainly because of the price, and partly because if I were to wear it to work, I'd mostly wear a cardigan over it, which would hide the pretty lace trim.

What do you think? Do you like this top? Do you think The Boyfriend is right about the 1700s look?

0 comments: