Wednesday, April 8, 2009

J.Crew: Jenna's Picks - Athena Wrap Sandals

J.Crew has tagged the Athena Wrap Sandals (item #12035) as another of Jenna's Picks. These seem to replace the Lemlem scarf that appeared in the original rollout of Jenna's Picks, and are available in dark fog and tawny brown. J.Crew describes the sandals as such:

Goddess-worthy, indeed. This lace-up sandal is styled in a supple stonewashed
leather—the stonewashing causes a shade variance in the leather to create a chic
worn-in feel. The leather ties are finished with a feminine flower tassel.
Leather footbed and sole with rubber inset for traction. Made in Italy. Half
sizes order up. Catalog/jcrew.com only.
Well, I hope you goddesses out there have been saving up, because these sandals are $128! I am not a fan of these sandals at all. The tassels on the end of the ties remind me of something Pocahontas would wear. I do think the loop that the ties create is pretty interesting.

The footbed looks the same as the Capri sandals, which cost less than half. So is it the leather loops, ties, and tassles that make the Athena so much more expensive?

What do you think? Do you like these sandals? Do you think they are worth $128?

3 comments:

Buffy Alten April 8, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Does not look user friendly to me.

toast April 8, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

My biggest beef with wrap sandals, especially those of the leather strap variety, is that they become untied too easily. I personally LOVE the look (maybe not $128 love, but still love!), but it's just not very user friendly, like what kirbydog said.

JTS April 9, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

@kirbydog - I agree! I have never had luck with leather straps staying tied.

@toast - Exactly! So you would be tripping all over the tassels anyway!