Tuesday, April 21, 2009

J.Crew FO: Printed Cap Sleeve Top Review

This is a top from J.Crew Outlet that I'm calling the Printed Cap Sleeve top (item #11958).  It comes in a few patterns.  I tried on this one and another one that I will post soon.  The top is alpha sized, and was marked $44.50.  I believe it was on sale at the time, but I'm not sure which kind.


I had tried on this top in my usual top size during a previous trip to the outlets, but I was able to size down in this top, as I think it is meant to be loose and a little roomy.  The top doesn't exactly move a lot - it's a very straight cut, and is very close to being one of those shapeless tops that just hang there.  The fabric is a lighter cotton - not so light as to be even close to being sheer, but definitely no weight to it.

The cap sleeves and neckline are elasticized, but it ends up looking like cute, crinkled trim (in my opinion).  I think if it weren't for the sweet cap sleeves and scoop neck, this top would be pretty shapeless and boring.

The top basically looks the same from the front and the back.  

The print is allover, in yellow-green and light blue, with a different pattern at the waistband.

This is the waistband pattern.  It reminds me of a mosaic.

I left this one at the outlet.  I thought the top was cute enough, but just okay, and I wasn't in love with this pattern.

What do you think?  Do you like this top?  Do you like the pattern?

2 comments:

Cate April 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

I like the pattern a lot! it looks cute on you. I almost bought a skirt in that pattern but ended up passing.

JTS April 22, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

Thanks Cate! :) Where was the skirt? I saw some shorts in this pattern at the outlet, but already bought enough (for now) this season, so I left them for now!