Tuesday, April 28, 2009

J.Crew: Ringspun Cotton Rosette Tee Review

I believe this is the Rosette Tee (or something like that) from J.Crew.  It is item #13126, and was available in pink (shell) and white at my local store.  I tried this on in pink.


Now, I know a lot of people like this tee (right?  Is this the same one?), but I am not one of them.  The shirt is way too busy for me, and the rosettes are kind of rough.  The ringspun cotton is okay, but it was a bit too sheer for my liking.  The good news is that it fits pretty true-to-size.

To be honest, I don't have a ton to say about this tee.  I don't like the pattern at all, and I think it's pretty expensive ($48) for what you get.  A good thing about it is that it comes in these neutral colors, and I think it would work really well with pretty much any color!

Needless to say, I left this tee at the store.  The good news for those of you who are fans is that as of last Friday, my local store had a ton of them in-stock.  I'm not sure how many they have left now though.

So what do you think?  Do you love this tee?  Do you already have it?  What colors would you pair it with?

4 comments:

Buffy Alten April 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

I think it looks great on you! It looked so bad on me, because I am too BUSTY....:(

Jemma April 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

I love this shirt but I cant wear tee shirts to work and I dont think I would get too much wear from it on the weekends, but I actually think it looks good on you, I am surprised you dont like it!

Michelle April 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

It flatters your shape, but I agree, I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan of shirts that allow everyone to see my bra and I'm not a fan of the pattern - too busy for me. But I have seen some pull it off nicely.

JTS May 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

@kirbydog - thanks! And I'm sorry it didn't work out for you :(

@Jemma Ruby - Thank you! I don't know where I would wear this either, especially because it is kind of sheer!

@Michelle - I am glad I am not the only person who isn't totally in love with this pattern :)