Monday, April 20, 2009

J.Crew FO: Fiona (?) Jacket Review

I believe this is J.Crew Outlet's version of the Fiona Jacket.  It is item number 12735 (I think), and was marked $79.50.  It was available in a number of colors, including white and navy.


This jacket is numerically sized, and I tried this on in my usual top/jacket size.  I found that it fits true-to-size.  The jacket is made out of a soft canvas-like material, with a poly-cotton body lining and a polyester sleeve lining.  The jacket has a thick ruffle up the front and on the collar, with three oversized buttons.  It has bell sleeves that start at the elbows.

I know there are a lot of people out there who like this jacket, but I am just not a fan.  It might have been the color (I didn't try it in white as I already own a couple white jackets), but I think it is the ruffle.  I think the fabric is a little too heavy to really pull off this ruffle.  I think it might also be the bell sleeves.  I don't mind sleeves with volume, but I just can't get behind these ones for some reason.

The back is just okay for me.  Don't get me wrong, I don't intensely dislike this jacket, but it just doesn't do anything for me.  I think it's just kind of bleh.  One thing I like about this jacket is that it seems like it is fairly versatile.  I think you could easily dress it up and down, and wear it with all kinds of tops and layers.

So as you can probably guess, I left this jacket behind.  Maybe I would have liked it in another color, but I'm getting close to being out-jacket-ed this year.

What do you think?  Do you own this jacket?  Do you own the retail version?  

2 comments:

Jemma April 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

That jacket looks good on you! I love that color and so kicking myself I missed it last summer. I did manage to get the white collection Fiona and it is really elegant for spring and dresses up jeans nicely!

JTS April 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Hi Jemma Ruby! Do you live near an outlet? They were carrying it a couple weeks ago, and have a pretty low turnover of merchandise, so maybe you could see if they still have it!