Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gap: Polka-Dot Lace Cami Review

This is Gap's Polka-Dot Lace Cami (item #594861) in lilac glaze.  This item is available in-store and online, but I believe there are some more colors in-store than are available online (such as navy blue with white dots).  It retails for $19.50.  Gap describes the cami as such:

A classic fit gets cool with lace detail and playful polka-dots--perfect to layer under breezy blouses or, try it on its own for a versatile summertime look.
I love polka dots and purple, so I was immediately drawn to this to try it on.  I go back and forth between two sizes in Gap clothes, depending on how fitted they are, and so this is the larger of the two sizes.  I found that this fit true-to-size, but did accidentally pick up another color in the smaller size, and I think that fit okay as well.

This is definitely just your basic cotton stretch cami, with a pretty lace detail, and in a cute print.  The fabric has some stretch in it, and is super soft and smooth, which is nice.

I don't really have a whole lot else to say about the cami.  I stopped wearing camis just as tops awhile ago, but I think this is a nice layering piece, and will work with a lot of different colors and outfits.

I initially left this at the store, even though it was on promo for 2 for $30.  Later that night, I was shopping online and noticed they were only $10 online, so I picked up a few polka dot ones in different colors (in the larger sizes).

For reference, here is what the smaller size looked like, in red.

2 comments:

Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

I like the look of the fitted cami on you! It shows off your torso and waist and overall curves -- much better than the loose tops that are all the rage now but hide your figure. Would love to see you try on/model more things like this!

JTS May 19, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Hi Anon - Thank you so much! I will remember that when I go for my next round of try-ons :)