Monday, April 20, 2009

Q&A Answers!

So this post is dedicated to the lovely Michelle, who was the only reader who submitted any questions for my Q&A post (am I really that uninteresting? :)).  If you would like to ask me any non-shopping or fashion questions, you can post them as comments to this thread or e-mail me!

1. What is your favorite book?
This is a hard question, because I a huge bookworm! If I have to choose, my top top book would be The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (pere). Other favorite books include The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle, I,Claudius and Claudius the God by Robert Graves (I even named my dog after him), The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas (pere), and Hamlet by Shakespeare.

2. What field do you work in?
I am a technical writer by profession, and a linguist by training (and at heart). My work is related to (but not technically part of) the footwear and apparel industry, so I am lucky to get to know a lot of the inner workings of the fashion apparel world.

3. Does your boyfriend mind shopping with you?
Well, I can't really answer for him (he hinted that he might comment himself), but I think he has a love/hate relationship with shopping with me.  We generally go to the mall/shopping just to get out of the house.  We also like to spend time together on the weekends, since I have school a few times a week at night, so I think he likes those aspects.  Other than that, he is not really a fan.  He dislikes almost all of the stores on our mall and outlet circuit, and gets very bored and restless waiting around for me while I wander around the stores being non-committal about clothes (not that I can blame him).  

I do have to give him a lot of credit though.  He is very patient (for the most part), and helps me keep my spending in check.  He will drive me to whichever mall I like (we have many options), and will drive me to multiple malls in a single trip if I am on the hunt for something.  And in case that's not nice enough, he will occasionally buy me things I like, for no reason at all. :)

6 comments:

AJLinBoston April 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my absolute favorite books!

ashley April 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

great q and a! you have such a nice bf to always shop with u. i have to give my bf lots of credit too! that's why i can't wait for this weekend to shop with the girls! :)

GingerSnap April 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

Awww, that's so nice of your boyfriend! My man only goes to the mall twice a year (1) my birthday, and (2) christmas. And he usually tries to get out of AT LEAST one of them (he thinks online shopping is the same...wrong!)

jacquelyn April 21, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

I'm a technical writer, too, but my industry does not seem as fun as yours (mine is defense). I also have a blog, which I use as my "fun" writing outlet.

My husband has always gone shopping with me, starting from when we were bf/gf. Now my daugter comes, too. The women at Anthro knows all three of us by name and if he or I go in without each other or our daughter they ask what is going on!

Michelle April 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

Don't marry him! After the wedding you will be lucky to get him to go to the mall for the two times GingerSnap mentioned. ;o) Thanks for the answers!!

JTS April 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

@Pink Maple - Isn't it an awesome book! I recommend it to EVERYONE! Have you ever seen the movie (came out in the past 5-10 years)?

@Ashley - I love shopping with my BF, except I always feel bad for him since he dislikes it so much!

@GingerSnap - Wow, how do you let him get away with going so little? ;) And I agree - online shopping is definitely not the same!!

@Jacquelyn - I just checked out your blog - it's great! :) Some of the sales associates at my JCrew and JCrew Outlet are starting to recognize me, too - not sure if that is good or bad :)

@Michelle - HAHAHA, that is good to know :) And thanks for asking such nice Qs!