Thursday, April 30, 2009

J.Crew: Watercolor Floral Pencil Skirt Styling

This was an outfit my PS and I came up with together when trying to style the Watercolor Floral skirt.  It is the Victoria Ruffle Cami in the dark grey color, layered underneath a Jackie cardigan in the new breeze color.  I love the way these colors work together.  Normally I would not have thought to pair the minty green breeze color with the colors in this skirt, but I think it looks nice.

What do you think?  Do you like this combination?  What colors would you pair with the Watercolor Floral pencil skirt?

4 comments:

krista.alana April 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

I like the colors all together, but the neck is a little much for me in this outfit.

GingerSnap April 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I also like all the colors together, but I think it might be a bit much fabric. I think I would opt for a simplier tank/cami underneath the jackie or just the victoria ruffle by itself. Together it just seems a little overwhelming. I LOVE the skirt...too bad it's not in petites :(

jacquelyn May 3, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

That is a lot of stuff going on at the neck. I would feel so claustrophobic. Bu then again, I can't even stand to wear a turtleneck or collared shirt.

JTS May 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

@Krista Alana - I like the color combinations too, but I would also go with a simpler look I think.

@GingerSnap - I agree! I don't think I ordered any "light pewter" tanks this season, but I think any grey tank would work. And I know, I wish J.Crew would realize everyone can't wear a 24" skirt :(

@Jacquelyn - Haha, I actually used to cry when I was a kid and had to wear turtlenecks - wear them occasionally now, but definitely not my favorite style of neckline!