Thursday, April 9, 2009

Banana Republic: Silk Ruffle Dress

So I have had this Silk Ruffle Dress (item #629235) from Banana Republic on my wishlist for some time. In the pictures, I think it is just gorgeous - smooth, flowing, classy, classic, and in one of my favorite colors - lavender (or summer lilac, as they call it). BR describes the dress as such:

Femininity at its finest: sumptuous silk falls into a waterfall of ruffles on a button-front silhouette. Ties at waist. Ladylike cap sleeves.

I had all kinds of daydreams about how cute this dress would look, so I was super excited when I saw it on the SALE rack, for $49.99. It originally retailed for $130, and is on sale online for $84.99.

This dress is alpha-sized, and I tried it on in my regular BR dress size. Oh, boy. Well, I was initially worried about how the front bib would look - would it be floppy or delicate? It was all right - not as polished looking as the model pictures, I think. The fabric is gorgeous - super smooth silk. The self tie I wasn't sure about, as I wasn't sure if it would look better in the front or back. (Notice in the model pictures there's no sign of the tie actually being tied.)

So, the problem with the dress is its clinginess. I was lucky enough to wear my unflattering undies that day, and the dress was all over those things, showing every bump and lump! Sadly, I had to leave this dress behind, because I didn't want to worry about VPLs or visible anythings while I was wearing this.


What do you think of this dress? Do you own it? Do you like the floppy bib?

1 comments:

Karlee May 15, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Great find.!! That dress is looking gorgeous. I love the neckline design.