Tuesday, April 28, 2009

J.Crew: Georgia Cardigan Review

This is J.Crew's Georgia Cardigan (item #15132).  It retails for $78, and comes in several colors: navy, warm shell, bistro orange, white, and stone.  It is alpha-sized.  J.Crew describes the cardigan as such:
This slightly sheer shawl-collar cardigan adds a look of laid-back luxury to any outfit. Silk/linen in a 14-gauge knit. Fitted. Long sleeves. Rib trim at cuffs and hem. Hits at hip. Import. Hand wash.
I tried this on in white.  It certainly is a "sheer" sweater, and I think a little more than slightly.  The sweater is extremely thin, and is nice and soft, but not as soft and smooth as the Sorbet-Stripe Cardigan.  The shawl collar was a cute touch, and added some nice detail to an otherwise boring sweater.

The sweater has really large buttons, and I'm not really a fan of the cardigan open, what with those gaping buttonholes and all.  The good thing about this cardigan is that because it is so light, it will work really well as a spring and summer cover-up, without being heavy, bulky, or uncomfortable.  It is also a good layering piece over longer tees.

Here is a blurry close-up of the big buttons.

I left this sweater behind because it was just okay for me.  Even though I'm always on the lookout for a cute white cardigan, this one just wasn't cute enough.

What do you think?  Do you like this sweater?  What color would you get it in?  Would you pay $78 for it?

6 comments:

Anonymous April 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

That is sheer! Cute, though. I just bought a similar white cardigan at ON this weekend for $20. I think that's all I would pay for a sheer sweater. LOL I know you don't like the rosette tee but it looks great on you!

GingerSnap April 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

I saw this at the store and passed on it too, but they did have one color (it was an orange-y peach) that was intriguing...maybe they'll come out with some tees in that color :)

Michelle April 29, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

I actually love this cardi as I like the collar and it is hard for me to find one that isn't too long on me. But $78?? I think I'll wait for it to go under $40.

jjc April 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

It's a pass for me - the shawl collar and color selections are pluses but they seem too thin to hold the humongous buttons!

Jordyn April 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

I love this cardigan...so cute!!!

JTS May 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

@Sea Glass Mom - Aww, thank you! :) Hehe, that is definitely a better price!

@GingerSnap - Have you seen any tees in the orange peachy color?

@Michelle - I think it went on sale!

@JJC - Yes, the buttons are very big! They are colored though, so kind of cute, but really huge. I'd be worried about the buttonholes getting all stretched out :(

@Jordan - Did you get one? :)