Tuesday, April 14, 2009

J.Crew: Tissue Tee Double Ruffle Tee Review

This is J.Crew's Tissue Tee Double Ruffle Tee (item #14971). It might really be called Double Ruffle Tissue Tee, but the former is how it was printed on my receipt, so that's what I'll call it for now. I actually grabbed this in a larger size than my regular tee size, because I am right on the edge for tees (at least I think so), as I can't stand tight tee shirts. Give me loose any day (much to The Boyfriend's chagrin). This shirt was marked $32.50, and I believe it is an in-store only item. It comes in a few other colors, including a dark pink. This is the lovely shell.

I think this tee fits true to size, and I actually think it runs large. I tried it on in small during another trip, and that is still a more relaxed fit.


I've got to say I really love this shirt! Primarily because of the pretty ruffle on the neckline. I think it creates a nice, feminine look on what otherwise would be a boring tee shirt! And I think it does that without looking too frilly or over the top, which is always nice.

There is a hint of the collar from the back - very cute.

I am in love with the shell color this season (have I already said that?). I picked this shirt up in my regular tee size (so sized down from these picures)!

What do you think? Do you like this tee? Did you pick one up? Are you sick of ruffles? Do you like the shell color?

4 comments:

GingerSnap April 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

I love the ruffles on this tee, especially how they continue on the back! I think it looks great on you :)

Anonymous April 14, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Honey, you definitely did the right thing by sizing down. You've got the goods and wearing clothes that fit properly will make you look good and feel confident. I mean it in a supportive way, not condescending.

Thanks for posting the reviews.

JTS April 18, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

@GingerSnap - Thank you! :)

@Anon - Haha, thank you! No condescension taken. I am prone to sizing up because I lost a bit of weight (for my size/frame) in the past few years, and am very conscious about how clothes fit, so this was a very nice thing to hear! Thank you again :)

JTS April 18, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

@Anon - and thank YOU for stopping by!

GingerSnap - thank YOU for being such a loyal reader and commenter :)